Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Let's Pour One Out For Con Slobodchikoff Tonight



So a couple of weeks ago I find this absolute gem of an article, which I knew that I would have to blog about someday. http://www.npr.org/2011/01/20/132650631/new-language-discovered-prairiedogese 


First off, let me just say that I was almost positive that prairie dogs weren't real or something. Like the name "prairie dog" immediately reminds me of a little poop nugget sneaking out of my ass. Okay, glad we got that out of the way but here we go. 


To sum it up for you, this guy thought it would be a good idea to spend 30 years of his life studying the noises prairie dogs make. And then decipher it and make it a language. And then learn that language. No big deal. 


Wait, what? 30 YEARS? That's literally 10,950 days. Like I could picture someone doing this for a year or so just to get some type of award or some shit like that.. but 30?! That's absolutely absurd. I feel bad for this guy though. Like genuinely sad. I can't remember the last time I've felt legitimate sadness for another human being but sure enough, Con Slobodchikoff's story definitely choked me up a bit. This dude couldn't do more constructive things in 30 years than sneak around and record the squeaks that prairie dogs make? That's just sad. So here's to you, Con. Here's to you and your complete waste of 30 years. 


God Bless America. 



No comments:

Post a Comment