Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Graffiti Knitters Going Hard Today! Where's My Invite?

                     (I can't wait until this chick hits 60 and this just looks like a soggy pile of spaghetti)


Look out Bloods. You too, Crips. Because according to this article on Boston.com, "yarn bombers" are sweeping across the nation. Sign. Me. The. Fuck (sorry mom). Up. This could be the coolest thing that I've ever heard of. Yes, cooler than Furbys back in their prime (which probably should've been never). Cooler than Koosh Balls. Even cooler than the Easy Bake Oven itself. Yup. Lock it up. Yarn Bombing is finally going hard.


Chicks just running around at night putting some freshly knit sweaters on statues? Putting little mittens on telephone poles? Where can I join in on these festivities? I don't even care that I don't know how to knit. It'll be like getting traded to the Nets or something. I'll just learn how to deal with it, and gel with my new teammates. Just be a great overall team player for the Yarn Bombers. I honestly don't care what I need to do. Rigorous training? Done. Knit 'till my fingers bleed? Sure. Like seriously. These have to be the cutest little things that I've ever seen, and trust me, these eyes have encountered bushels of cuteness so far.  The best part of the article is right here, “It’s street art with attitude,’’ said a member, Heather Louise Grover. BOOM. I think I'm in love with this chick. She just oozes d-i-v-a and I can't get enough of it. Preach it Heather! Let them haters hate!


P.S. My love of Heather Louise Grover is contingent on the fact of whether or not she's one of those three chicks in that picture.. 

1 comment: