Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Embarrassing


I honestly don't think that there has ever been a single adjective to describe anything better than how Vancouver is making themselves look during the Finals. Embarrassing.

I mean any team that's the #1 seed is obviously impressive on paper, but these last 3 games have shown me how childish, and just flat out disgusting the entire city of Vancouver is. I hate Burrows for biting Bergy just as much as the next guy, but to be honest I think it was more funny than anything. Like what is this, 3rd grade? It's hilarious how classless the Canucks are.

Vancouver just solidified how pitiful of a city they are with that blindside hit on Horton early on in the first. It was disgusting, and after hearing that Horton will be out for the series, I'm ripshit. Mostly because I know the NHL wont do a single thing to punish Rome. The NHL even helped the guy out by kicking him out of the game with a misconduct call. Dude would have gotten absolutely demolished if he was allowed to keep playing, no doubt about it.

The biggest question I have is how this Horton injury will affect the Bruins throughout the end of this thing. Last night, we all saw a huge emotional lift from the Men In Black (and Gold) after watching Horton get carried off on a stretcher. Recchi was even quoted after the game to say that they were all playing for their fallen teammate. I'm interested to see if this kind of emotion will carry into next week as a winner is crowned. I think it could, but that being said, I'm not sure you can ride the emotional wave all the way to the Cup. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment